A 4595 • Lockdown Warning Evacuation Controller
The A 4595 School Lockdown Controller is primarily designed for schools which require a lockdown warning facility. The controller has provision for a Pre-Bell and a Period Bell which are activated by the closing contact triggers on the rear of the unit. Standby, Lock In, Lock Out and All Clear tones can be activated by the switches on the front of the controller, or by the optional wall plates (A 4598) or paging consoles (A 4596).
- 1U 19” rack mount
- Interfaces with A 4575A for a complete fire/evac & lockdown system
- 24V DC operation (plugpack included)
- Period bell, standby, lockdown and all clear controls with remote contacts
- Connects to lockdown wallplate and/or paging console via Cat5e UTP cabling
- MP3 SD card tone & audio announcement playback
- Stereo RCA audio output
- Up to 8 paging consoles and 8 remote wallplates per system
- Flip up switch covers to prevent accidental triggering
- Adjustable rear mounted level control
- Switched 24V outputs for all conditions (all clear, standby, lockdown, bell, pre-bell, emergency & common contacts).
Developed, designed & assembled in Australia.
Since 1976 Redback PA products have been manufactured in Perth, Western Australia by Altronics. With over 40 years experience in the commercial audio industry, we offer consultants, installers and end users reliable products of high build quality with local product support.
Backed by an industry leading 10 Year Manufacturer Warranty.
Our Redback products have a long tried and tested history of bulletproof reliability. Altronics offers a 10 Year Warranty on all Australian Made Redback products. Our local in-house service department has all the know how to answer technical queries and provide timely service.
All of the tones are stored on an SD card in MP3 format which is accessed at the rear of the unit. Using MP3 files gives the user complete control over the sounds played for each tone. This could be music, a pre-recorded tone or speech etc. The duration of time the tones are active is determined by the length of the MP3 used for that tone.
The tones can also be set to loop/repeat via external DIP switches. Note: This will apply to all tones.
The Lockdown controller has four Lockdown Modes which are Standby, Lock In, Lock Out and All Clear.
Once a Lockdown mode is activated an MP3 audio file is played until the audio file finishes or the A 4595 changes mode.
• Standby Mode –This would typically be used to notify students and staff that there may be a possible situation in the school grounds and to “Standby” for a possible Lock Down. A music track which doesn’t cause panic but is known by the staff would be an appropriate audio file to be played in this mode.
• Lock In Mode – This mode would be used to notify students and staff that there is a situation outside the school class rooms but still in the school grounds (e.g. The School Oval) or maybe the hall ways. Students and staff would be then required to lock themselves inside their class rooms. A warning tone, maybe with a repeating message may be suitable.
• Lock Out Mode –This mode would be used to notify students and staff that there is a situation inside the school buildings. Students and staff would be then required to remain outside their class rooms or other school buildings, but remain in the school grounds. This may be applicable when students are on a lunch break and are playing outside. A warning tone, maybe with a repeating message may be suitable.
• All Clear Mode –This would notify students and staff that it is now safe and that the situation has been rectified. A music track which is known by the staff would be an appropriate audio file to be played in this mode.
Pre Bell / Bell
As the A 4595 is aimed primarily at schools, a Prebell and a Bell function have been included. These are triggered by separate closing contact terminals on the rear of the unit and could be triggered by a timer. Once the Prebell or Bell mode is activated an MP3 audio file is played until the audio file finishes or the A 4595 changes mode. An indicator on the front of the unit will illuminate when the Prebell or Bell tone is active.
Aux MP3 Triggers
There may be times when extra tones or audio files are required to be played through the A 4595. Examples might include playing a message each week calling students to assembly. These are triggered by closing contact terminals on the rear of the unit. Once the Aux MP3’s are activated an MP3 audio file is played until the audio file finishes or the A 4595 changes mode. An indicator on the front of the unit will illuminate when any of the Aux MP3 tones is active.
The order of priority for the functions of the A 4595 are as follows.
1) Emergency paging (Via the optional A 4596 paging consoles)
2) General paging (Via the optional A 4596 paging consoles)
3) All Clear Mode
4) Lock In or Lock Out Mode
5) Standby Mode
7) AuxMP3-1, AuxMP3-2, AuxMP3-3
Interface With A 4575A Alert/Evac Controller
A complete Fire Evacuation System can be configured when the A 4595 is complemented with the A 4575A
Alert/Evacuation Controller. The A 4575A controller is designed around industry standard building emergency alert/evacuate requirements. When connected to a paging system amplifier, building occupants can be alerted and/or evacuated in the event of an emergency e.g.: fire, gas leak, bomb scare, earthquake. Connection is made with a dual RCA lead . The A 4575A will take priority over the A 4595 lockdown unit in the case of an emergency.
Power supply: 24V dc
Protection: 2A fuse
Recommended system cabling: Cat5e UTP
Wallplate connection: 4 x RJ45 8P8C
Paging console connection: 4 x RJ45 8P8C
Audio output: RCA stereo socket
Switched 24V DC out: Screw terminals
Remote contacts: Screw terminals
Dimensions: ≈483W x 152D x 44H
Weight: ≈2.5 kg