A 4500B • 50 Event 24 Hour 7 Day Timer With Evac Tone Generator
The A 4500B is a weekly timer and Evacuation controller all housed in a convenient 1RU rack mount chassis. A total of 50 “event” switching times are available through the timing functions. Each event can be set to turn on any single day of the week or on multiple days, from 1 sec up to 24 hours. When a timing event is activated, an MP3 audio file will be played and output through the dual RCA line level output. There are fourteen MP3 playback options for the timing events, which include the Bell, Prebell, Music and folders 5-15. A micro SD card which is supplied, houses all the MP3 files to be played as well as storing all the timing events (Note: MP3 files should have the following specifications for optimum performance. 128kbps, 44.1kHz, 32bit, VBR or CBR, stereo or mono).
The timing events can be programmed via the unit’s front buttons, or they can be programmed with the supplied PC software (also available as a download from www.altronics.com.au).
The timing events can also be programmed to only trigger the Bell 24V out (and in turn the common 24V Out), with no audio output. This is activated by setting the output to the “relay” option in the programming setup.
The Evacuation controller is designed around industry standard building emergency alert/evacuate requirements. When connected to a paging system amplifier, building occupants can be alerted and/or evacuated in the event of an emergency e.g. fire, gas leak, bomb scare, earthquake. Alert & Evac switches on the front of the unit are fitted with safety covers to prevent accidental operation. Provision for connection to A 4564 paging console for emergency paging only and remote activation of alert/evac and chime functions.
The Alert, Evacuation and Bell tones and the cancel function are triggered by the front switches, or by the rear terminal contacts for remote activation. Switched 24V DC Out connections are provided for Bell, Alert, Evac or a Common out. These contacts are for connection of override relays in remote volume controls, warning strobes, bells etc. The alert and evacuation tones are stored on the micro SD card (Emergency Tones which conform to AS1670.4 are supplied) to allow the user to provide any tones they require (Note: The audio files must be in MP3 format).
The Evacuation mode has a voice over option for the playback of an evacuation message every third cycle of the evac tone. The voice over message is also stored on the micro SD card and is DIP switch enabled.
- MP3 audio format for Bell, Prebell and Music timing outputs
- MP3 Emergency Tones conform to AS 1670.4 (supplied)
- Random play of MP3 files for Prebell and Music triggers
- Easy PC based timing event setup
- Local push button operation of Alert, Evac and Bell
- Remote triggering of Alert, Evac and Bell
- MP3 audio format Voice over message (In Evacuation cycle)
- Adjustable auto alert to evac switch over times (DIP switches 5-8)
- Switched 24VDC out for Bell, Alert/Evac mode
- Pluggable screw terminal connections
- Auxiliary level output
- Battery backup of current time
- 24V DC operation
- Standard 1U 19” rack mount case
- Suitable for any amplifier with an auxiliary input
Latest upgrades to this model
- Unit now uses Micro SD card instead of a standard SD card.
- Provision for connection to A 4564 paging console for emergency paging only and remote activation of alert/evac and chime functions. Note: This is not recommended for general paging use as it will override timed events.
- Backup battery accessible from rear of the unit.
- 10 extra MP3 folders bringing the total output folders to 14.
Developed, designed & assembled in Australia.
Since 1976 Redback PA products have been manufactured in Perth, Western Australia by Altronics. With over 40 years experience in the commercial audio industry, we offer consultants, installers and end users reliable products of high build quality with local product support.
Backed by an industry leading 10 Year Manufacturer Warranty.
Our Redback products have a long tried and tested history of bulletproof reliability. Altronics offers a 10 Year Warranty on all Australian Made Redback products. Our local in-house service department has all the know how to answer technical queries and provide timely service.
Timer outputs: Four
Max cycle times: 50 stations
Output level: 0dBm
Frequency response: 140Hz – 20kHz
Power supply: 24V DC
Protection: 1A fuse
LED Indicators: Power, MP3 error, pre-bell activate
Buttons: Menu, isolate, up, down, enter,
alert, evac, bell, cancel
Options: DIP switch selectable (on rear panel)
Inputs & Outputs
Audio output: RCA stereo socket
Switched 24V DC out: Screw terminals
Remote contacts: Screw terminals
Dimensions: ≈483W x 140D x 44H
Weight: ≈1.5 kg