A 4500A • 50 Event 4 Output 24 Hour 7 Day Timer With Evac Tone Generator
A versatile timer which has four switched 24V outputs and four closing contacts which activate simultaneously. It permits a total of 50 event switching times. Each can be set to turn on any single day of the week or on multiple days for up to 24 hours. Switching events programmed for multiple days count as only a single station and each of the 50 event times may be set to any (but not multiple) output. Manual override is provided. This product is very handy for programming school periods, industrial plants, factories etc. The timer programming can be set for Manual, Auto or Off modes (see right for more information).
This revision now features a front panel SD card for easier access.
Alert/evacuation tone generator
Standard building alert/evacuation switches are included on the front panel to provide signal to an external amplifier. Terminals are provided for remote tone/bell operation. All tones are played from the included SD card.
Modes of operation
There are two modes of operation when the timer activates:
1. Bell chime generator provides a signal to PA amplifier (external). Four bell tones are available, these are selectable at time of installation. Tones can be played once or continuous.
2. 24V DC switched output provides external operation of ancillary devices eg: security lighting, air conditioning unit, reticulation etc. Lithium battery backup is provided ensuring programming is not lost during power failure.
- MP3 audio format for Bell, Prebell and Music timing outputs
- MP3 Emergency Tones conform to AS 1670.4 (supplied)
- Random play of MP3 files for Prebell and Music triggers
- Easy PC based timing event setup
- Local push button operation of Alert, Evac and Bell
- Remote triggering of Alert, Evac and Bell
- MP3 audio format Voice over message (In Evacuation cycle)
- Adjustable auto alert to evac switch over times (DIP switches 5-8)
- Switched 24VDC out for Bell, Alert/Evac mode
- Pluggable screw terminal connections
- Auxiliary level output
- Battery backup of current time
- 24V DC operation
- Standard 1U 19” rack mount case
- Suitable for any amplifier with an auxiliary input
Developed, designed & assembled in Australia.
Since 1976 Redback PA products have been manufactured in Perth, Western Australia by Altronics. With over 40 years experience in the commercial audio industry, we offer consultants, installers and end users reliable products of high build quality with local product support.
Backed by an industry leading 10 Year Manufacturer Warranty.
Our Redback products have a long tried and tested history of bulletproof reliability. Altronics offers a 10 Year Warranty on all Australian Made Redback products. Our local in-house service department has all the know how to answer technical queries and provide timely service.
Timer outputs: Four
Max cycle times: 50 stations
Output level: 0dBm
Frequency response: 140Hz – 20kHz
Power supply: 24V DC
Protection: 1A fuse
LED Indicators: Power, MP3 error, pre-bell activate
Buttons: Menu, isolate, up, down, enter,
alert, evac, bell, cancel
Options: DIP switch selectable (on rear panel)
Inputs & Outputs
Audio output: RCA stereo socket
Switched 24V DC out: Screw terminals
Remote contacts: Screw terminals
Dimensions: ≈483W x 140D x 44H
Weight: ≈1.5 kg